Activity Worker (AW-FAC21-02)
||$25.83 / hour
About the SUCCESS Multi-Level Care Society
To care for the seniors like our own by providing a continuum of excellent, culturally appropriate services for them. In 1995, the S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Multi-Level Care Society was incorporated with the purpose of establishing linguistically and culturally appropriate care for those seniors in our community. It has now developed into a provider of quality residential care and health services.
We are looking for energetic and passionate activity / recreational practitioners to join our team to serve our residents at our long term care home. This candidate has to carry out established activity program under the general supervision of a Recreation Therapist, encourages client/resident participation in recreational activities that are related to their assessed needs, ability and interests and to promote resident and work safety. This candidate will be reported to the Recreation Therapist.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements and evaluates recreation/leisure program(s), including activities such as crafts, music, woodworking, mental aerobics, exercises and sensory stimulation to meet client/resident’s physical, social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual needs and interests;
- Completes and maintains related records and documentation such as statistics, progress reports, activity participation reports, attendance record, observation reports, and client activity profiles.
- Monitors program expenditures, oversees inventory of equipment, tools and materials and recommends purchase of the same.
- Provide direction to designated volunteers; contacts facility administration or volunteer services for additional volunteer resources as required.
- Participates in creating and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by understanding and following health and safety rules, regulations and practices such as Fire, Disaster, WHMIS, MSIP and Infection Control.
- Prepares for and accompanies residents on community outings by performing duties such as ensuring that residents have appropriate clothing, necessary equipment, and funds for activities.
- Receives resident/client feedback, inquiries, and complaints, and responds as required.
- Reports observations, concerns, and changes in residents’ condition, abilities, and behaviors to appropriate team members.
- Maintains good communication and interpersonal relationships with the public, clients/residents and other health care team members.
- Promotes resident safety and maintains a safe working environment by following health and safety guidelines such as fire, emergency preparedness, WHMIS, lifts and transfers, and infection control. Ensures that equipment is in safe working condition and follows up as necessary. Reports any issues/concerns related to safety such as, but not limited to, suspected resident abuse, unsafe and hazardous conditions, sentinel and near miss events. Completes incident reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 & graduation from a recognized Recreational / Activity Assistant program, plus one year’s recent, related experience with elderly clients in a long-term care setting, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Certification CPR, First Aid and Food Safe.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to write and speak Chinese is an asset
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to teach
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment
Email applications must include “AW–Fac 21-02” in the subject line and submit Resume to: [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in joining the SUCCESS Multi-Level Care team. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.