At S.U.C.C.E.S.S., you will be able to grow and develop alongside a diverse team of professionals and enjoy great benefits and perks. Experience what it is like to join a purpose-driven organization and make meaningful contributions to our community. Explore our amazing new opportunities.
Division: Career and Youth Services (CYS)
Program: Chance to Choose (C2C)
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
Number of Position: 1
About the Position:
The Program Facilitator is responsible for facilitating program workshops and curriculum development as well as providing job development services to ensure client work placements. The Facilitator is also responsible for follow-up activities and ensuring that participants reach the ultimate outcome of employment according to program’s timeline.
Reports to: Program Manager
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate, and continually develop a dynamic and engaging set of workshops for clients
- Market the program to referring agencies, the wider community and the general public to ensure that outcomes reflect the expected deliverables
- Participate in the recruitment process of youth ensuring that they meet eligibility requirements, and conduct information sessions and interviews to screen all candidates
- Actively assist with job developing, attending interviews as well as employer evaluation
- Collect labour market information for clients regarding job openings, entry and skills requirements, and other occupational information
- Provide job search services including group facilitation and individual employment counselling sessions
- Provide one-on-one support for clients in need of further support
- Strengthen participants interviewing skills and employability potentials through confidence building activities and lessons
- Assist the job developer with job leads and market participants to potential employers
- Create connections and networking opportunities with different business sectors.
- Assist the job developer to locate work placement and job openings for participants based on their individual skills and abilities.
- Perform office administration tasks such as file keeping and progress notes for auditing purposes.
- Assist the job developer to explain the benefits and employment support services provided by programs to employers, including addressing employers’ special needs
- Conduct regular follow-up when applicants are placed in positions, monitor participant performance on the job and supports participants when job performance is not satisfactory.
- Work with participants to improve job performance and gain necessary job skills
- Prepare documentation and reports related to program activities, track participant activities and progress data and updates on a regular basis
- Remain adaptive to changes in service delivery models, the labour market or participant trends
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to the effectiveness of the centre and its programming
- Ensure that all services are provided within the standards of service maintained by S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Employment Services and consistent with the Agency’s values and mission
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline
- At least two (2) years of experience in group facilitation, preferably with immigrants and clients with multiple barriers
- Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP) designation an asset
- Experience working with diverse clientele (e.g. immigrants, refugees, vulnerable populations, youth with barriers, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of local labour market information and methods to maintain current understanding of local influences and regional trends
- Knowledge of practical methods and techniques for job development, client placement, and labour market information
- Awareness of community resources and services relevant and appropriate to the target clients
- Marketing and promotional experience – strategies, materials and distribution
Job Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Fluency in a second language an asset
- Proficient writing skills to create, edit and proofread resumes and cover letters
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel, ACCESS and PowerPoint are required for the purpose of creating presentations, helping with resume & cover letter preparation, completing online applications, using the internet for research and communication, and record keeping
- Passion for helping participants directly with their job search – support, leads, tips as well as strategy
- Ability to motivate clients to participate and follow through with activities
- Excellent classroom management for clients with different learning styles and abilities
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
- Ability to handle stress and pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative, results-oriented, and flexible
- Ability to apply professional ethics and competencies as outlined in the Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners
- Criminal Record Check Required
- Ability to work on evenings and weekends as required
- Occasional travel may be required
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is a multicultural social services agency and registered charity located on the unceded Coast Salish lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. has been helping Canadians and newcomers to achieve their full potential on their Canadian journey since 1973. We are one of the largest social service agencies in Canada, with offices in BC, Ontario and internationally/abroad. We offer programs and services in the areas of immigration, newcomer settlement, English-language training, employment and entrepreneurship, family, youth and seniors programming, health education, community development, affordable housing and seniors care.
At S.U.C.C.E.S.S., we take care of our communities and our people!
Our staff is the source of our success and we make it a priority to ensure work-life balance for our staff. We offer a range competitive and comprehensive benefit packages to ensure the well-being our staff. Subject to the type of employment, benefit packages may include:
- paid time off ‘monthly wellness days’ (up to 12 days per year)
- additional agency holidays (3 additional statutory holidays)
- 2 weeks annual vacation (starting) and up to 5 weeks (maximum)
- company-funded pension (GRRSP)
- extended health & dental plan
- employee & family assistance programs
- access to wellness programs (such as subscription to Headspace) , and more
S.U.C.C.ES.S. is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that embraces diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to the equitable treatment of all individuals and will continue to embed diversity and inclusion principles within our policies, procedures, services, and activities.
Interested candidates please apply by emailing your application including the following e-mail subject line “Program Facilitator” by 4:00pm August 12, 2022 and submitting resumes to: [email protected]
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.