Closing date: July 29, 2022
$25.00 per hour
35 hours per week
At S.U.C.C.E.S.S., you will be able to grow and develop alongside a diverse team of professionals and enjoy great benefits and perks. Experience what it is like to join a purpose-driven organization and make meaningful contributions to our community. Explore our amazing new opportunities.
Division: Community Real Estate & Asset Management (Housing)
Program: Hillside Gardens
Employment Type: Temporary Full-Time
Employment Term: August 15, 2022 to March 5, 2024
Number of Position: 1
About the Position:
The Tenant Relations Coordinator is responsible for coordinating tenant relations and housing services through oversight, provision, development and action on areas such as tenant administration, connecting residents to internal S.U.C.C.E.S.S. services or externally in the community, and supporting tenants’ experiencing difficulties with rent/utilities payment and/or processes. This position also provides support to all housing sites and functions as the representative in matters of resident relations at the RTB. The Tenant Relations Coordinator is included in the emergency after-hours team.
Reports to: Housing Manager
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
– Market tenants
– Income assistance tenants
– RGI (Rent Geared to Income) income tested tenants
– Tenants with rent subsidies (g. SAFER)
– Addendums related to other aspects of tenancy (g. pets, parking, smoking, etc.)
– administration of tenant move-in and move-out processes
– safety and direct fire drills – implements, maintains, and revises fire drill program for tenants
– maintenance job orders and repair arrangements for specific tenants – follows up on outstanding work orders
– opening and closing of annual seasonal tenant events, such as tenant-led gardens and seasonal celebrations in a non-denominational setting
– annual unit inspections
– compliance and feedback processes with tenants
– communication with difficult tenants
– receiving feedback from tenants and responding or referring issues/concerns
– coordinating the formal tenant complaint process and mediate according to organizational and RTA policy and procedures
– resolving tenant-to-tenant issues through the use of problem-solving techniques
– corresponding with tenants such as serving notices
– completing incidents and other reports
– assisting in drafting and delivering notices to tenants as required
– applying for Dispute Resolution and representing the organization at the RTB
– receiving rent payments and preparing deposits
– answering phone calls and front desk reception duties
– messaging for specific sites with energy use/billing systems
Qualifications & Experience:
Job Skills & Abilities:
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is a multicultural social services agency and registered charity located on the unceded Coast Salish lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. has been helping Canadians and newcomers to achieve their full potential on their Canadian journey since 1973. We are one of the largest social service agencies in Canada, with offices in BC, Ontario and internationally/abroad. We offer programs and services in the areas of immigration, newcomer settlement, English-language training, employment and entrepreneurship, family, youth and seniors programming, health education, community development, affordable housing and seniors care.
At S.U.C.C.E.S.S., we take care of our communities and our people!
Our staff is the source of our success and we make it a priority to ensure work-life balance for our staff. We offer a range competitive and comprehensive benefit packages to ensure the well-being our staff. Subject to the type of employment, benefit packages may include:
S.U.C.C.ES.S. is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that embraces diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to the equitable treatment of all individuals and will continue to embed diversity and inclusion principles within our policies, procedures, services, and activities.
Interested candidates please apply by emailing your application including the following e-mail subject line “Tenant Relations Coordinator” by 11:59pm July 29, 2022 and submitting resumes to: [email protected]
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.