Division: Corporate Support
Program: Information Technology
Number of Positions: 1
About the Position:
The overall responsibility is to provide analysis of S.U.C.C.E.S.S.’s software applications through needs assessment and best practices. This role is also responsible for planning and coordinating the processes required for the provision of user applications and systems necessary for business operations.
Reports to: Director of People & Technology
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning:
- Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Provide and present recommendations to stakeholders.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices.
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Coordinate the design, development, and installation of application enhancements and upgrades.
- Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
- Contribute to pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Negotiate contracts with software and service providers.
- Liaise with company’s software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Assist with the migration of Microsoft suite of products and deployment of Cloud solutions.
- Liaise with network administrators and contracted service providers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
- Compile and maintain inventory of company software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements.
- Develop and communicate training and documentation for end users, hold training clinics as necessary, and other user-related activities.
- Develop, distribute, and coordinate in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Program Director.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 4-year college diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science, and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in related disciplines will be an added Strong working knowledge with communication principles and practices: research, planning, implementation, and evaluation
- 4 years direct experience managing applications and/or systems management.
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated software management tools.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including productivity and business software.
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft suite of products and Cloud Migration
- Knowledge of database design and file management techniques
- Good understanding of networks and operating systems, protocols, and standards.
- Good project management and business analyst skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Job Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application issues and products.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, and across disciplines for a common goal.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and sound judgment
- Excellent written and communication skills, including oral presentation skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with all levels of management and staff
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Criminal Record Check Required
- Able to work flexible schedules
- Able to travel to multiple locations as required
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. Interested candidates please apply by emailing your application including the following e-mail subject line “Systems Application Analyst” by 5:00pm April 26, 2021 and submitting resumes to: [email protected]
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.