Division: Corporate Support
Program: Information Technology
Number of Positions: 1
About the Position:
This position is responsible for gathering, compiling, analyzing, business/program needs requirements of stakeholders with the technology solutions required to meet these needs. The Business Systems Analyst will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help the business/programs make good technology decisions and optimize processes. The position will play a pivotal role in ensuring IT’s understanding of business requirements.
Reports to: Director of People & Technology
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning:
- Collaborate with project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to meet agreed-upon requirements and to support purchase efforts.
- Participate in the QA of purchased solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Participate in the selection of any requirements documentation software solutions that the organization may opt to use.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Where applicable, develop prototypes and interfaces and attributes based on user requirements.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options and communicate these options to the business stakeholders.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine, as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements – verbally or through written documentation – to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Program Director.
Qualifications & Experience:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, finance or information systems and three to five years related work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the organization’s core business process and operations.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modelling, verification, and methodology development.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Exceptional analytical and statistical skills with the ability to apply them to systems issues and products as required.
- Clear understanding of product management and market placement.
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills, including planning, organizing, and management resources.
- Understanding of application development and software development life cycle concepts.
- Working technical knowledge of programming languages like SQL.
- Working knowledge of network and operating systems, protocols, and standards.
- Extensive experience with the organizations core software applications.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Job Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to exercise independent and sound judgement, execute and follow through on it
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Ability to work with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment for a common goal
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Criminal Record Check Required
- Able to work flexible schedules
- Able to travel to multiple locations as required
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. Interested candidates please apply by emailing your application including the following e-mail subject line “Business Systems Analyst” by 5:00pm April 26, 2021 and submitting resumes to: [email protected]
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.