Program: Accounts Payable
Number of Positions: 2
About the Position:
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. This includes completing payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices in an effective and efficient manner to ensure that vendors and suppliers are paid within Agency purchasing policies and procedures and on a timely basis.
Reports to: Finance Manager
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Charge expenses to accounts and respective programs by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Prepare checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Enter invoices in accounting system for payments ensuring correct approval, coding and matching.
- Coordinate with vendors regarding invoicing and payment inquiries and discrepancies.
- Reconcile vendor statements, validate terms for payment.
- Liaise with suppliers, and internal stakeholders to answer routine questions and resolve issues affecting payments/receipts.
- Assist on projects and assignments and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting (or equivalent education/experience)
- Minimum of 2 year prior accounts payable experience in a high volume environment.
Job Skills & Abilities:
- Self-starter attitude with well-developed time management skills and the commitment to meeting deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (e.g. Excel, Great Plains, YARDI, etc.).
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of a team
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to plan, organize and manage work with minimal supervision and complete number of tasks simultaneously for multiple management staff
- Ability to understand technical concepts, to act independently and take initiative required to resolve issues
- Clear criminal record check required
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. Interested candidates please apply by emailing your application including the following e-mail subject line “Accounts Payable Clerk” by December 6, 2020 and submitting resumes to: [email protected]
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.