- This event has passed.
Youth Leadership Program Info Session
May 4, 2021
Join our upcoming information session to learn about the Youth Leadership Millennium Program!
Youth Leadership Millennium (YLM) is a free youth leadership program for newcomer youth (age 15-30) that focuses on goal setting, career planning, and community service. This program runs for about 8 months while meeting once per week for workshops. When deemed appropriate by health authorities, we also enjoy taking youth on overnight leadership retreats, hiking trips, and backcountry camping adventures! For the time being, we anticipate starting the program online using Zoom until safe to meet in person again.
What can you expect from the program?
- A fun and supportive community of other newcomer youth (in your age group) interested in leadership!
- Program activities each week in the evenings and some weekends on topics such as professional development, outdoor education, and social justice.
- Special training opportunities (ex. Emergency First Aid Training and other professional development)
- Free outdoor exploration opportunities (ex. overnight hikes, field trips etc.)!
- Gain volunteer hours and create community initiatives
- Opportunity to complete the internationally recognized Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
Learn more by attending an information session. Register for the information session by:
Email: [email protected]