- This event has passed.
Virtual Employer Information Session with BC Infrastructure Benefits (BCIB)
June 12, 2020
Join us for an information session to talk to BC Infrastructure Benefits (BCIB) about their immediate job openings and career paths.
This is a golden opportunity to learn and to talk to representatives from BCIB.
Did you know?
Construction for the Patullo Bridge Replacement Project will start in the coming months and BCIB is looking to fill over 600 roles.
WorkBC Richmond is pleased to inform you that in partnership with BCIB, we are hosting an employer information session to share this exciting news.
We believe that this event could potentially benefit many of you to learn more about the job opportunities in the construction industry.
The BCIB provides a qualified workforce for the construction of public infrastructure projects operating under the Community Benefits Agreement.
If skills upgrading is needed, BCIB works with industry partners to make sure workers are job ready.
These are the anticipated trade requirements:
- Truck Drivers
- Heavy Equipment Operators
- Construction Laborers
- Office and Technical Staff (e.g. Surveying, Laboratory/Environmental Technicians)
Benefits of working with BCIB:
- Access to good-paying, career-building jobs, skills development and apprenticeships.
- Priority hiring to Indigenous peoples, women, local residents (within 100km of a project), and other visible minorities.
- Once you work for BCIB, you are automatically added to their priority re-hire list and be considered for other BCIB projects.
- All workers, including supervisors, receive Be More Than a Bystander, Indigenous Cultural Competency, and Foundational Safety Training.
If you are interested in attending this information session, please register and then we will send you a weblink.
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected]Online Registration Form