Chance to Choose: A Youth Employment Program aims to help youth overcome barriers to employment through assessments, group based skills development and work experience with local employers. Participants will be able to choose and develop a career path.
Chance to Choose targets youth who have various barriers or lack the experience/training needed to secure employment.
Chance to Choose is a 14 week program; participants will be paid $11.35 per hour for 30 hours per week.
Youth will have 4 weeks of workshops, assessments and skills training.
Plus 10 weeks of work experience with a local employer.
Next Intake (Port Coquitlam):
Between the ages of 15 – 30
Not in school, unemployed or underemployed
Not receiving Employment Insurance Benefits
A Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Refugee
Legally allowed to work in Canada
- 4 weeks of workshops (such as life skills workshops and employability skills workshops)
- Assessments, and skills training for enhance participants’ employability
- 10 weeks of work experience with an employer
- Participants who enrolled in this 14-week program will be paid $11.35 per hour for 30 hours per week.
- Tuesday April 10th 1:00PM – 3:00PM
- Thursday April 12th 1:00PM – 3:00PM
- Tuesday April 17th 1:00 – 3:00PM
- Thursday April 19th 1:00 – 3:00PM
- Tuesday April 24th 1:00 – 3:00PM
- Thursday April 26th 1:00 – 3:00PM
- Tuesday May 1st 1:00 – 3:00PM
- Thursday May 3rd 1:00 – 3:00PM
- Mon April 9th 1:00PM – 3:00PM
- Wed April 11th 1:00PM – 3:00PM
- Mon April 16th 1:00 – 3:00PM
- Wed April 18th 1:00 – 3:00PM
- Mon April 23th 1:00 – 3:00PM
- Wed April 25th 1:00 – 3:00PM
- Mon April 30th 1:00 – 3:00PM
- Wed May 2nd 1:00 – 3:00PM
#309 – 2540 Shaughnessy Street, Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 3W4
#604-5050 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC V5H 4C2
Please call 604-474-3140 (Poco) , 604-438-7222 (Burnaby) or e-mail to register for an Information session
For Inquires and Questions
Burnaby BC V5H 4C2
309-2540 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam BC V3C 3W4